How to Prep Your Items For the iCT DeSTaSH SaLe
There are a few options for you on preparing your items for sale, here is a list of some suggestions, and the NECESSARY PREPARATION in red:
- Mark items with your name or initials
ie Chauntel Ensey or CE or FirebrunetteKnits or FBKnits
- Mark items with the price you set yourself
I do not have any say or control over the price you charge for your items
- Sellers may choose to either leave single skeins loose and marked with a hanging tag, or put in a clear zip top bag marked clearly with seller name, and price
- Multiple item sets: please put all together in a clear zip top bag marked clearly with seller name, number of items in bag, and the price
- I do recommend that if you have multiples of one colorway that you sell as a lot, not individually
- Pricing: You set the price on your items
I generally recommend 50-75% of retail value.
Rare and hard to find yarns, or yarns you just aren’t totally set on giving up, can sell in the 80-90% of retail range.
- Be realistic in your pricing, try to look at the yarn and price as a shopper would.
Inventory of Items
- I inventory all items you bring to me.
- Before the sale you will receive an email of a spreadsheet of your items listed at their set price.
- When you come to pick up your items Saturday evening, I will go through and inventory what of your items remain. You may then choose to donate to charity (Wichita Knitters’ Guild, where they will be used for charity projects) or take your items all prepared for the next DeSTaSH.
- You will receive an email with the figures of your sales and your item inventory within 48 hours.
- You will then receive your payment as agreed; cash, check, Paypal
In the previous space I rented for iCT DeSTaSH, I had use of lovely antiques in which to display everyone’s items. In this new space, I do not.
If you have some nice baskets or bins you would like your items to be displayed in, please bring the items in them.
I will make sure they are all marked with NFS (Not For Sale) tags.
Remember the more your items stand out, the more they will get shopped!
Of course, I will do my best to display everyone’s items in a way that they will be easy and fabulous to shop! Don’t you worry about that!