FULL PRICING & PAYMENT DETAILS BELOW
Saturdays, 10:30am – 12:00pm
A rectangle of garter stitch with two well-placed slits for armholes, nothing could be simpler to make…or wear. “Sideways” because it’s knit that way, the Sideways Garter Vest is designed for effortless versatility. Wear it longer in the torso and shorter at the collar, or for those especially windy Wichita days, flip it upside down for a more generous collar and cropped body.
Homework to be done before class:
Gauge swatch finished, matching gauge as required per knitting directions below.
Remember to change needle size until you match gauge given on pattern.
Please bring all required materials, including the pattern which can be found by clicking here.
- Yarn A: 3 (4, 4) skeins of Purl Soho’s Worsted Twist, 100% merino. OR 492 (656, 656) yards worsted weight yarn.
- Yarn B: 2 (3, 3) skeins of Purl Soho’s Worsted Twist Heather, 100% merino. OR 328 (492, 492) yards worsted weight yarn.
- A US #8, 32-inch circular needle or needle required to match gauge
- A spare US #8, circular or straight needle or needle required to match gauge
- A few yards of scrap yarn in a bright, contrasting color
16 stitches and 32 rows = 4 inches in garter stitch
To fit shoulder widths measuring 14-15 (16-16 ½, 17-17 ½) inches
- Finished Dimensions: 30 (35, 37 ½) inches across x 30 inches from top to bottom (including fold-over collar)
- Finished Height of Armhole: 8 inches
- Finished Width across Shoulders: 12 (14, 15) inches
- Finished Width of Fronts: 9 (10 ½, 11 ¼) inches FIT: The length measurements are the same for all three sizes, and you have a choice of how to wear the vest: either 12 inches from hem to underarm with a 10 inch collar; or upside down with 10 inches from hem to underarm and a 12-inch collar.
$50 non-refundable, make-up classes $10
While the Registration is ‘Free’, the cost of the class needs to be paid in full by the class start date.
It’s important to me that my customers have choices in payment options. To offer you the most options I will have you pay in one of three ways:
cash, check, or Paypal accepted by clicking here;
Send payment using Goods and Services to firstname.lastname@example.org
Paypal accepts major credit cards, payment through bank account, and using existing Paypal balance.
You do not have to have a Paypal account to pay, there is a guest checkout feature.
Minimum number of 3 students required for class to take place. If less than 3 are registered 24 hours prior to event your class fee will be fully refunded to you either by cash, Paypal, or if you wish, class credit to be put towards another class at Firebrunette Knits.
Grab some friends & get knittin’!!