1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I avoid nothing really. I can find a project for just about any yarn that is handed my way!
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I spin (drop spindle, top & bottom) and I crochet like mad!
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have made myself needle cases for my crochet hooks and dpns. I have a separate case for my free floating random circular needles. I have denise & boye sets too.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I would say advanced. I first learned to knit when I was 13. Knit on & off through high school but didn’t really start again strong until I was about 19. That is when I taught myself to crochet too.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do, secret pal if you would like them I will email the links to you directly.
6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I would have to say citrus scents and lavendar are my favorite.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
My husband doesn’t understand how I can live off of only candy, but I seem to do just fine with it! I love it all. I would be hardpressed to pick a favorite.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I sew, cross stitch, needlepoint, tat, bits of painting & I really do like to decorate/organize.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like most music. Right now it’s along the lines of 311, Coldplay, u2 and then there is always oldschool punk that makes me happy! MP3’s are fine!
10. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can’t stand?
Green, green, green! I like all colors though….yeah, all colors!
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married (it’s our 10th anniversary this month) with 3 kids. Sadie – 8, Tyler – 7 and autistic, Trevor – 4. We have 2 rabbits, one lop, Rose and one angora, Fuzzy Fabiano.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I have all the hats, mittens, scarves & ponchos that I could ever want, thanks for asking!
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I love the handpaintedyarn merino but they stopped selling it on their website & Ebay store. Like I said, I like most yarns though, not too picky.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Um…. I don’t like most of the novelty yarns, eyelash, ladder, etc. for myself but they have their place in the knitting world.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Serious fair isle! I got the book Norsk Strikkedesign for Christmas & I can’t wait to start something!
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Sweaters would be my #1 favorite.
17. What are you knitting right now?
Are you seriously asking me that question?!?!? Okay…bag for felting, Brocade sweater from Rowan, socks (2 pair), ballerina slippers (2 pair), felted clogs, clapotis, Leafy pullover from Loop d Loop, EZ raglan sweater, AbFab Colinette throw and other miscellaneous items.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I sure do!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Well that all depends on the yarn now doesn’t it? That is why I have all sets to choose from.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
22. How did you learn to knit?
My sister’s friend’s mom taught us how to knit when we lived in Turkey in the mid 80’s.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Seriously, 9 years old. Sad, so sad!
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love Mickey Mouse themed items, the older the better. Diehard Disneyland fan!
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Well, yarn & knitting books would be my biggest collection! Vintage aprons and linens also. Oh, and shoes of course!!
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None at the moment, my Vogue and Interweave Knits both ran out with the last issue.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Christmas took care of most of them but I will go through my Amazon list & update it.
29. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
No not really.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a sock knitter. My foot measurements are 8″ foot circumference, 8.5″ ankle, and size 9 foot.
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)