<<START PREPPING YOUR STASH!!>>
We’re having a sale!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
March 1st + 2nd, 2019
Friday Hours: 9am – 6pm
Saturday Hours: 9am – 6pm
Details for Selling:
- Ideas for items to sell:
- Yarn, fabric, fiber/roving, weaving items, spinning items, notions, books/magazines/patterns, needles, hooks, project bags, finished hand knit or crochet items that you no longer want, etc., all for sale from individual’s stashes.
- Drop off deadline: Wednesday, February 27th
- Seller’s Fee, due at drop off, to sell your items:
- $10 for 1-50 items
- $15 for 51-99 items
- $20 for 100+ items
- Please Note: groups of items, ie multiple balls of the same yarn, fat quarters, etc will not be counted individually, whereas individual needles, books, magazines, single balls of yarn, cuts of fabric, etc will be counted individually. This is due to the fact that I have to inventory things individually or as a group adding to my time.
- DROP-OFFS AFTER MONDAY FEBRUARY 25th WILL BE CHARGED AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF $10
- I will have a time sheet for volunteer hours to help work the sale, it is not mandatory but it is appreciated.
- I would ask that you consider signing up for a couple of hours to help work the sale. Often times it’s a 2 person job at checkout, then there is the general organization and cleanup that needs to happen on the sales floor. You can sit, knit/crochet/weave/spin until I ask for your help.
It’s a great time to sell your wares!
- If for some reason the sale does not happen your seller’s fee and items will be available for pick up at a designated time to be announced.
- Pick up deadline: Pickup can be done any time you like during the sale Friday or Saturday.
I will be in the space until 7pm Saturday evening (unless previous arrangements have been made with me, and I reserve the right to refuse requests to hold your yarn for pickup).
- Your sales will be tallied within 48 hours. You will receive an inventory sheet of all that sold.
- You have the choice to receive payment for your sold items in the form of cash, Paypal, or check for your payment. We’ll arrange payment pickup as event comes to a close on Saturday evening.
- 15% of all sales will be taken to pay for my time & work.
**PAYPAL & CREDIT CARD FEES WILL BE PASSED ON TO THE INDIVIDUAL SELLER AND TAKEN FROM YOUR TOTAL SALES
(Remember, by accepting credit cards & Paypal we are opening up more spontaneous sale opportunities.)***IMPORTANT TO NOTE: the space is rented for the 2 days of the sale. Your items cannot stay in the space after Saturday evening. If you cannot make it to pick up your unsold items, then you need to make arrangements with a friend that is selling or buying to pick up your items for you. Or, talk to me. I reserve the right to refuse to hold your items, I am also limited on space.
Drop off Locations & Times:
*all times are subject to change, contact me if another time is needed
- Drop off at Firebrunette Knits at any time, contact me at email@example.com or text for address
Lots of ways to get information!!
PLEASE PASS THE WORD!!
The more people we have involved, the more stash you clear out, the more new goodies you can take home. Win, win!!
How to Prep Your Items For the iCT DeSTaSH Sale
There are a few options for you on preparing your items for sale, here is a list of some suggestions, and the NECESSARY PREPARATION in red:
- Mark items with your name or initials
ie Chauntel Ensey or CE or FirebrunetteKnits or FBKnits
- Mark items with the price you set yourself
I do not have any say or control over the price you charge for your items
- Sellers may choose to either leave single skeins loose and marked with a hanging tag, or put in a clear zip top bag marked clearly with seller name, and price
- Multiple item sets: please put all together in a clear zip top bag marked clearly with seller name, number of items in bag, and the price
- I do recommend that if you have multiples of one colorway that you sell as a lot, not individually
- Pricing: You set the price on your items
I generally recommend 50-75% of retail value.
Rare and hard to find yarns, or yarns you just aren’t totally set on giving up, can sell in the 80-90% of retail range.
- Be realistic in your pricing, try to look at the yarn and price as a shopper would.
Inventory of Items
- I inventory all items you bring to me.
- Before the sale you will receive an email of a spreadsheet of your items listed at their set price. Please check it over and make sure I have everything correct.
- When you come to pick up your items Saturday evening, I will go through and inventory what items remain. You may then choose to donate to charity or take your items home with you, all prepared for the next DeSTaSH.
- You will receive an email with the figures of your sales and your item inventory within 48 hours.
- You will then receive your payment as agreed; cash, check, Paypal
If you have some nice baskets or bins you would like your items to be displayed in, please bring the items in them.
I will make sure they are all marked with NFS (Not For Sale) tags.
Remember the more your items stand out, the more they will get shopped!
Of course, I will do my best to display everyone’s items in a way that they will be easy and fabulous to shop! Don’t you worry about that!
click for link to Google Maps
There will be yarn, spinning fiber, notions, Cricket Looms & accessories, Jenna May Made markers & a few bags, and of course, more YARN!!
Bring some crochet, knitting, spinning, or table loom and join us for some shopping & socializing. There are limited chairs, so if you plan to come for an extended period you may want to bring your own chair.
Coffee and hot tea will be free, please bring your own mug
This is the perfect time of year to load up your stash inexpensively for all that gift making!!
Make some money, pare down your stashes, build up your stashes, shop your friend’s stashes that have had you green with envy!
Bring me your unwanted, yet with lots of love left to give, items to sell for you.
Please do not hesitate to ask questions!
I am really excited to be hosting this sale yet again at The Grove:
Location of Sale:
click for link to Google Maps
- Friday, Sept 7th – 9am – 6pm
- Saturday, Sept 8th – 9am – 7pm
Details for Shopping:
- Bring wallet, this is the most important detail ;o)
- Cash, check ($36 returned check fee if NSF), Paypal, and, credit cards accepted.
If using Paypal you will need to have access to app to make payment.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN SHOPPING BAG
- Patience, sometimes the checkout process with marking inventory sold from different sellers can take a few minutes. It gives you a few more minutes to browse. Bonus!
- Shoplifters will be prosecuted, fiberphiles don’t steal from other fiberphiles, EVER!!
*There is always a table to sit & knit, chat & visit.
*Free coffee & tea