UPDATE: ICT DESTASH SALE IS CANCELED
AT THIS TIME THERE ARE NO CURRENT PLANS TO RESCHEDULE THE SALE
DUE TO COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS I WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING DROP-OFF OF ITEMS FOR DESTASH UNTIL AFTER APRIL 1ST
This is subject to change with the ongoing regulations by the CDC.
I will decide after April 1st if tHe sale will go ahead or be cancelled.
I would like to say it will be rescheduled, but with the uncertainty of our move and the virus progression I have to take it a week at a time.
Thank you for understanding!!
I will be running the drop-offs a little differently for this sale. There will be a 2 week window for dropping off at the Studio, 751 George Washington Blvd, with specific dates/times:
Start Drop-off Date: March 26th, Thursday, 11am – 5pm Dates/Times: March 28th, Saturday, call to set time March 30th, Monday, 2 – 8pm April 2nd, Thursday, 11am – 5:30pm End Drop-off Date: April 4th, Saturday, 10am – 1pm
As per usual, you need to contact me ahead of time to arrange drop-off; call/text 316-351-8515, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of these times coincide with classes at the studio, I will do my best to not take away time from my class to accept Destash drop-offs.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS April 10th + 11th, 2020
Friday Hours: 9am – 6pm Saturday Hours: 9am – 4pm
Details for Selling:
- Ideas for items to sell:
- Yarn, fabric, fiber/roving, weaving items, spinning items, notions, books/magazines/patterns, needles, hooks, project bags, finished hand knit or crochet items that you no longer want, etc., all for sale from individual’s stashes.
- Drop off deadline: Monday, April 6th
- Seller’s Fee, due at drop off or can be taken from your sales total:
- $10 for 1-50 items
- $15 for 51-99 items
- $20 for 100+ items
- Please Note: groups of items, ie multiple balls of the same yarn, fat quarters, etc will not be counted individually, whereas individual needles, books, magazines, single balls of yarn, cuts of fabric, etc will be counted individually. This is due to the fact that I have to inventory things individually or as a group adding to my time.
- DROP-OFFS AFTER SATURDAY, APRIL 4th WILL BE CHARGED AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF $10
- Attend the sale! Sit and knit, crochet, spin while the shoppers are there. It’s a great time to sell your wares!
- If for some reason the sale does not happen your seller’s fee and items will be available for pick up at a designated time and place to be announced.
- Pick up deadline: Pickup can be done any time you like during the sale Friday or Saturday. I will be in the space until 7pm Saturday evening (unless previous arrangements have been made with me, and I reserve the right to refuse requests to hold your items for pickup).
- Your sales will be tallied within 72 hours. You will receive an inventory sheet of all that sold.
- You have the choice to receive payment for your sold items in the form of cash, Paypal, or check for your payment. We’ll arrange payment pickup as the event comes to a close on Saturday evening.
- 15% of all sales will be taken to pay for my time & work.
- **PAYPAL & CREDIT CARD FEES WILL BE PASSED ON TO THE INDIVIDUAL SELLER AND TAKEN FROM YOUR TOTAL SALES (Remember, by accepting credit cards & Paypal we are opening up more spontaneous sale opportunities.) ***IMPORTANT TO NOTE: the space is rented for the 2 days of the sale. Your items cannot stay in the space after Saturday evening. If you cannot make it to pick up your unsold items, then you need to make arrangements to have your items picked up for you.
Drop off Locations & Times: Drop off at Firebrunette Knits Studio, same location as the , contact me at email@example.com or textfor address
Any changes to the sale plans will be announced by email, on Firebrunette Knits.com, in the Firebrunette Knits Ravelry group, and on the Firebrunette Knits Facebook page. Lots of ways to get information!!
PLEASE PASS THE WORD!! The more people we have involved, the more stash you clear out, the more new goodies you can take home. Win, win!!
How to Prep Your Items For the iCT DeSTaSH Sale
There are a few options for you on preparing your items for sale, here is a list of some suggestions, and the NECESSARY PREPARATION in red:
- Mark items with your name or initials ie Chauntel Ensey or CE or FirebrunetteKnits or FBKnits
- Mark items with the price you set yourself I do not have any say or control over the price you charge for your items
- Sellers may choose to either leave single skeins loose and marked with a hanging tag, or put in a clear zip top bag marked clearly with seller name, and price
- Multiple item sets: please put all together in a clear zip top bag marked clearly with seller name, number of items in the bag, and the price
- I do recommend that if you have multiples of one colorway that you sell as a lot, not individually
- Pricing: You set the price on your items I generally recommend 50-75% of retail value. Rare and hard to find yarns or yarns you just aren’t totally set on giving up, can sell in the 80-90% of retail range.
- Be realistic in your pricing, try to look at the yarn and price as a shopper would.
Inventory of Items
- I inventory all items you bring to me.
- Before the sale, you will receive an email of a spreadsheet of your items listed at their set price. Please check it over and make sure I have everything correct.
- When you come to pick up your items Saturday evening, I will go through and inventory what items remain. You may then choose to donate to charity or take your items home with you, all prepared for the next DeSTaSH.
- You will receive an email with the figures of your sales and your item inventory within 48 hours.
- You will then receive your payment as agreed; cash, check, Paypal
If you have some nice baskets or bins you would like your items to be displayed in, please bring the items in them. I will make sure they are all marked with NFS (Not For Sale) tags. Remember the more your items stand out, the more they will get shopped! Of course, I will do my best to display everyone’s items in a way that they will be easy and fabulous to shop! Don’t you worry about that! LOCATION:
Details for Shopping:
- Bring wallet, this is the most important detail ;o)
- Cash, check ($36 returned check fee if NSF), Paypal, and ALL major credit cards accepted. If using Paypal you will need to have access to app to make payment.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN SHOPPING BAG
- Patience, sometimes the checkout process with marking inventory sold from different sellers can take a few minutes. It gives you a few more minutes to browse. Bonus!
- Shoplifters will be prosecuted, fiberphiles don’t steal from other fiberphiles, EVER!!
*There is always a table to sit & knit, chat & visit. *Free coffee & tea